Thursday 28 June 2012

Flowers in a Cup

Today was Eoin's last day of school, so last night I stayed up late making presents for his teachers. My goal was to make something they would actually enjoy, 
but that was inexpensive and also creative.

A friend gave me this lovely bouquet-in-a-cup recently, and it got me thinking...
 
I don't exactly have any flower arranging experience, but I figured- why not?

So I started with some cute mugs, two bouquets of flowers, ferns from my garden, and an oasis:

I cut the oasis to fit in each cup:

Then I added water (should I have done this at the end? I don't know...) and began adding flowers:



I soon realized I needed more foliage, so out to the dark, blustery garden I went...


Ta da!


I made four: one for Eoin's teacher, two for his special needs assistants (Eoin has autism, so he has helpers in the classroom), and one for the prinipal.

Then I added cute little thank you notes on wooden skewers

And lastly I made a cake voucher for his main teacher:

I'm so thankful for Eoin's school. He has had such a wonderful year and his teachers were marvelous in every way. Now if only it would stop pouring rain.... it might feel like summer!


2 comments:

  1. super cute flower arranging idea:) and yes, oasis is normally soaked first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete