Tuesday 12 June 2012

On Sunday, my friend Jacqueline and I took part in 
Le Chat Noir Vintage Fair here in Cork City.
This is a fair which celebrates vintage clothing, handmade gifts, and the like. The best part is that it's just a few minutes walk from my house! I love being inspired and encouraged by the other vendors; and what a joy to be surrounded by so many people who love what I love! We had sold a few things there at Christmas, and were so excited to be involved again. 
photo courtesy of white cat studio
Here I am, selling our wares! 
The fair is held in an old schoolhouse, with wooden floors and barn red doors- it was perfect.


The dynamic duo.

One of our lovely button brooches. Every time we make a batch, I end up keeping one because each is prettier than the last!

Making tea cup candles requires time, patience, and always more wax than I expect... but the results are so satisfying. 
And Jacq packages them up so nicely!

photo courtesy of white cat studio
You can see our cake stands there in the foreground. You should have seen us the first time we took a drill to one of our vintage plates... not so nice! We've since learned the technique :)


photo courtesy of white cat studio
The lovely girls of Lockdown Models, showing off some vintage garb.





Me... not so much a model, but still showing off this great 1950s dress I got from Dandelion Vintage Clothing.

 We took these shots later that evening, after we picked up Eoin from the babysitter's. We were out in the countryside and I couldn't resist posing in front of the cows.
Yes I got stung by nettles and yes I had to jump down when a tractor came barreling down the lane... 


4 comments:

  1. I love this !!! Your wares look amazing! And I love you posing in the green fields of Ireland! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! thanks so much kristen! and i have to say you inspired me, i've read your blog about your dad several times! you are an awesome daughter, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel!!!!everything on your blog has made me smile so much!!!!Don't stop:) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. you are an adorable model!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete