Friday 8 June 2012

céad míle fáilte! (a hundred thousand welcomes!)

Welcome to the Irish Poppy! "Irish" because I've been living in Ireland
for the past 8 1/2 years, and "Poppy" because I'm originally from California,
home of the lovely California Poppy. 
I've begun this blog with the purpose of expanding and challenging my creativity. I have so many passions- gardening, sewing, cake decorating... and I have a decent collection of vintage clothing I've amassed over the past 15+ years which I feel is too often neglected!

I figured if I started a blog, it would keep me accountable to finish projects and be more faithful to my vintage frocks.
Here's a bit of a visual of what I like! In the future, posts will be topic-specific :)
 
Please can I have this kitchen?

Favourite vintage piece ever- my grandma's mohair cape!

I love this dress!  (indulgy.com)

I want to learn this painting technique (Martha Stewart Living)
One of my first tries at sugarpaste flowers...


Best day ever when I learned how to do the Ruffle Cake!














No comments:

Post a Comment