Monday 18 June 2012

Morning in Kinsale


I look forward to Monday morning all week long. That's because it's Mike's day off, and Eoin is in school, so it's our only chance for adventuring together! It's been our special day for over 8 years now. We realized today that this is our last Monday until September (summer vacation means date day turns into family fun day!). So we decided we better make the most of our three hours!
(you may ask- what is so creative/vintage about that? 
to which i reply: we had to be creative to use our precious time to its utmost potential, and my outfit was semi-vintage...!)
We made our way down to the picturesque harbour town of Kinsale....

Here are some of our favourite doors:


As soon as we started to take this photo, it began to rain.




We took refuge from the downpour in the nearest cafe, which happened to be lovely!
All locally sourced meat and produce, great coffee, a glass conservatory ceiling in the back, and a quaint little courtyard. Highly recommended!





The walls
of the
court-
yard
were
so cute!










Here's what was under my raincoat:

 The necklace is one of my favourites. I got it on sale in the cutest antique jewelry shop in Macroom. 
I made the skirt from a random rectangle of fabric I had; I hemmed it and just kept adding darts (and vintage buttons) till it fit! 
And I've been tromping in the rain in these German shoes for years, so they're pretty battered- but I will love them forever!

 Then we found this amazing new print shop, with gorgeous Kinsale travel posters covering the walls. I have a huge weakness for old fruit box labels and travel posters... so I was hooked! 
These aren't vintage, but I think the artist did an incredible job recreating and updating the look.


 The best part? Look what we found, reduced because of a tiny hairline crack in the frame! I was so excited! I had birthday money left, so it came home with us.

All in all, a great Monday! I love you Mike!

4 comments:

  1. thanks barry! i'm afraid my blog isn't as noble as yours... but it's a fun creative outlet anyway! congrats on the newspaper by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sweet cousin- luv ur blog. miss u. wish we could be vintaging together:) come visit me, avocadosandgeraniums.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tiff i love your blog! wish we were on the same continent... love you!!

      Delete