Thursday 14 June 2012

Happy Flag Day!

My calendar tells me today is Flag Day in the USA (235 years of the stars and stripes)... Turns out, it was also Multi-Cultural Day at my son's school, so we had to dress in patriotic colours and bring a dish from our homeland to share.
Here's how we inadvertently celebrated Flag Day!

 Step One: Wear red, white, and blue! 
These dresses would have been perfect...

stylehive.com


dorotheasclosetvintage.com


 Or dress like a cowgirl, since that is very American. 
It would help if I could turn paper doll clothes into real clothes!





Or, if you had to finish a cheesecake that morning, take your dog to the vet, and it was pouring rain... then perhaps just go with what you've got in your closet:





 The cardigan is vintage 50s, and the skirt is vintage 70s, 
but I was going for a 40s look?! Ha!


Step 2: Make sure husband is appropriately attired:
 I LOVE the detail on Mike's vintage 50s cowboy shirt! 
It's my favourite shirt he owns. Here's the back:


 Step 3: Make sure son is appropriately attired:
Last minute charity shop find!

Felt saves the day once again.

Glued it on 'cause I'm lazy (but I sewed the button at least)

And here's Eoin checking it out!

And the final step? Make American cheesecake!





 Yum!







4 comments:

  1. Hehe! I love you Rachel! You are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog... I'll so be following

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks so much!! i'm so glad you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete