Monday 16 July 2012

1 Dress, 2 Weddings, 3 Cakes



My obsession with cakes + my inability to say no meant that last week I ended up making a 50th birthday cake for Thursday, and two wedding cakes for Saturday! I ended up baking 19 cakes in just two days... crazy. But yes, I knew what I was getting into... and yes, I'd do it again! I can't turn down the opportunity to make a cake, especially for such lovely friends. And anyway it's the only way to challenge myself; I'm too lazy to bake without a deadline!


It all started with this 
I modified the recipe with a gluten free flour for the 50th birthday cake, and it still turned out great.

Then I baked and cooled and stacked and layered and iced and set and iced again and again:

 Then I began to decorate!
Here's the 50th. I had such fun making this cake for a dear lady in our church.


And then on Saturday... two cake deliveries, on opposite sides of town, in one morning!






 Look at these cute cake toppers!


Giving a farewell hug to one of them. My hair was up in curlers in anticipation of the festivities to come...

Then I rushed home, got dressed, and danced all night!

 I was so excited to wear this dress! It's from Amity, a vintage inspired shop here in Cork City.














 And I found these shoes in a charity shop!

 Me and Jacq, ready to dance! She did all the flowers for the wedding, so between the two of us, we were wrecked! But we managed to stay on the dance floor till most people had gone home...


3 comments: