Monday 9 July 2012

Bridal Shower

I love weddings: the flowers, the invitations, the programs, the dress, the cake, the dancing, the ceremony, the toasts, the speeches, the food... everything!
 
This week was a week of weddings and cakes. It was, in fact, one of the busiest weeks of my life! I can't fit everything into one post, so I'll just begin with:

The Bridal Shower

I had the privilege of hoisting my American traditions on my Irish friends by throwing a bridal shower on Tuesday. The theme was tea party, and of course cupcakes played a vital role.


I got a flower press and tried it out for the first time, using flower paste. I made the leaves from buttercream icing, using a petal tip. I really love how they turned out! Frilly and pretty, perfect for a bridal shower.

Homemade paper decorations. Check out ruffledblog for ideas!

























 Lots of yummy food. And aren't the yellow bowls so cute? I found them in a charity shop just a few days ago for 75 cents each. They're vintage frosted glass Pyrex and I love them!
 
 
 
For the bride's gift, I made an apron. 
 

First, I cut out the shape














 
Then I ironed and hemmed the edges

















Then I added ruffles and buttons and ribbon for the apron strings















And lastly, for the party prizes, I made more tea cup bouquets because I am obsessed!!!

 
 
Next stop.... weddings!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your sense of style! Everything your put together for the shower is absolutely beautiful, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks amy :) it was such fun to do!

    ReplyDelete