Friday 27 July 2012

Furniture Fever

Unique, affordable furniture in Ireland is hard to come by. Houses here come furnished, which definitely helps to stifle any creativity one may have. If I lived in California, I'd furnish my house from garage sales and the Salvation Army, but we don't have either of those here. So... imagine my joy when my best friend stumbled upon a secondhand furniture shop only minutes from my house! I rode my (Mike's) bike there today to browse around with Jacqueline...

 Ok bad photo, but still I had to prove that they have everything! From sinks...

to butter dishes (isn't this so cute with the mushrooms?)


 To stuffed weasels...



 I might have just taken this home with me! Not on the bike of course. I had to come back with the car. My next project will be doing up this gorgeous cabinet. I'm thinking turquoise. And look at the flowers!
 


 Jacq got a matching one, so now we will have BFF corner units. Pretty awesome!




2 comments:

  1. i would like that butter dish please!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i'll go back and get it for you! i'm sure it's still there :) the top little handle thing is broken and glued back on but it looks fine!

    ReplyDelete