Monday 27 January 2014

A Wedding in Romania

In October of 2012, I flew to Romania to attend the wedding (and make the wedding cake!) of some dear friends



It was such an amazing experience, and I've been eager to share the photos, even if it was a while ago! We stayed in a tiny village, where people still use horses and carts for transportation. 


Using two ovens (one of which was outside and fueled by a propane tank!), I baked and iced 20 cakes. That's definitely a record for me!


 I made a four tiered wedding cake, and then decorated the rest individually. It was so fun to get to try out different techniques on each one!







 I ended up getting to do the flowers as well, which is something I've always wanted to do. It was quite an adventure, haggling with the guys at the flower stalls in the city with the mother of the bride!
 I love how the bouquets turned out...


 For the boutonnieres, we actually bought a potted plant and I trimmed off all the blossoms. Much cheaper!


Definitely a wedding to remember, and I'm so blessed I was able to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment