Monday 1 October 2012

Les Miserables... a tribute

pontauchange.com
bridgemanart.com


It all started with the musical... I first saw in on PBS when I was in 7th grade, and I was immediately hooked. Obsessed even. Les Mis was the first cd I ever bought, and I soon had every song memorized. 



I read the book, then I read it again, then in high school I joined the French club (I don't speak French!) just so I could go see the musical live in San Diego. Over the next few years, I read the book a few more times, and saw the musical live a few more times. Here in Ireland, I even went to see a children's performance of it! And for Christmas, I asked Mike to read the book so I would finally have someone to talk to about it. And he's almost done!

at Waterloo

When I was in Belgium over the summer, I was able to visit Waterloo (Hugo describes the battle in great detail), and I even saw the inn where Victor Hugo wrote parts of the book. 
It was so amazing to see the battlefield and the farmhouse that I had read so much about in the battle scenes of Les Mis.
Needless to say, I can't wait to see the movie. When I first saw the trailer, I burst into tears... oh my goodness I cannot wait!!!



2 comments:

  1. les mis cest tres bien! have u seen the Liam Neeson movie version? it's done really well too.

    ReplyDelete